Thursday, August 12, 2010

The kit arrived! (1st Part)

The kit arrived in Portugal, at a warehouse in Montijo, on the 9th. I managed to rent a van (Iveco Daily 35S11) for the 11th and get a friend to help out. We went in the morning to the warehouse to load the box contents on the van (and bring the box in parts to be fireplace wood).
The crate arrived with just some scratches on the outside. Great it was a sturdy crate, otherwise I guess it would have suffered more. It was a bit hard to open it up with just a hammer, but we managed to do it.
After we had it open, we unloaded it all on the floor so that we could break the rest and take the chassis out.


After the crate was all to pieces, we moved the crate's floor inside the van, then moved (with the help of a warehouse worker) the chassis on the van and loaded all the rest inside.

We drove home. My friend had to work and I grabbed some lunch. After it, I unloaded all the pieces into the garage or the spare room, except for the chassis (with engine), the diff and the wood bits.

Around 19h30 my friend came back, and the two of us aided by 3 other friends moved the chassis inside the garage. That will be 2nd part, since I'll have more photos later.

I'm very happy and relieved now. It is all here and I'm lost in a sea of parts, but happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment