Thursday, February 24, 2011

More on the Prop Shaft

Spent my "car time" on the weekend moving parts and tools out of my storage room on the parking area to a room in the house. All because some robbers have been hitting the building storage rooms and I don't want to have missing or damaged parts.

So, tonight I went for a bit of car fun, to compensate. Problem is that, since I have to take all tools and materials that I believe will be needed, I ended up forgetting two tools, so I couldn't really finish what I wanted.

Started by bolting down the front of the diff support to the car. Ends up I need two spanners for that and had only taken one... Moved to the second (bigger) prop shaft. Recalling what I learnt almost two weeks ago, I got it done easier, although it still took me the best of 40m to do the four bolts there. Then I moved to the other side of the shaft, that bolts on the diff. And, again, I forgot the type of tool to do those bolts, so they got just temporarily done by hand.
On the weekend, after tightening the bolts that got just half done today, I'll drill the holes to bolt the rear diff support to the chassis and then work on the half-shafts that link the diff to the rear wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment