Saturday, February 4, 2017

Last Touches for the Track Day

Objective:
The last touches were done. Bought some gas on a jerrycan and filled the tank. Put back the "gopro" (actually SJ4000) fittings on the rollbar so that I can film this.

Then cut two arrows from pieces of paper and taped them on the car pointing to the tow hooks on the front and rear. It was a suggestion from the organisation that made all sense!

Finally, used my air pump to fill in the tires. I think the "correct" pressure, the one I used 2 years ago, was 1,7bar. I filled them all to that pressure and then left the battery to charge back.

On the non-technical side of things, I went around looking for track-day insurance. Last track day of 2016 there was a collision between 2 participants. I always think it will not happen to me as I don't fight overtakes, but you never know... Turns out there is an insurance company that resells from an English broker for sports teams and track days. Unfortunately this being the start of the sports seasons both here and in the UK has them overloaded with quotes. I'm waiting for a reply for over 3 weeks. Lets see if I can still get an insurance on time. Anyway, and on this topic, the guy explained that insurance covers only damages to the owner's car. Each one should have their own insurance: there are no "guilty parties" on a track and I'm not liable for damage to other cars (but I may be for damage to the track).
I've also scheduled the tow truck in advance. So, my first outing on the track is at 9h00, the tow picks me up at 7h00, enough time to get there (about one hour) and still watch the driver's briefing.

I just hope it doesn't rain. Forecast has been changing and the latest one says it will rain...

No comments:

Post a Comment