Sunday, March 13, 2011

Diff and Suspension Tightened Up

Bought me ear mufflers (from Bosh) and they were money well spent. I started my session opening up the holes with a 12mm drill bit and, although I was hearing noise, it seemed I was underwater. Noise far away and almost like as if it was nothing with me. Marvelous! I'm thinking about taking the mufflers with me to work so that I can concentrate on my code without disruption from some people around me more interested on the last soccer game than their work.

Back to the car... When I placed the rubber discs between the chassis and the upper diff support, I noticed that it made the holes "move away". I had to re-drill (or enlarge in an oval pattern) to be able to pass the bolts through... If I had paid attention to my trig classes in school, I would have guessed it... With the ear mufflers and the 12mm drill bit, it was painless. Then it was just a matter of tightening up the diff on the chassis. Pictures, just because last post had none...
Then I went around rear and front suspensions tightening up all bolts. It took a while but it is all done now. I can move on to the "next stage"!

Final task was to put the clutch cable on the car. On the peddle side, it would be easier if the bolt was 2mm shorter, so I think I'll try to find a replacement or cut that one. On the engine side, I should have looked for pictures before attempting the task. The cable was getting lose, it seemed the clutch wouldn't release... I ended up not attaching it yet and will do it after "learning" how to.

No comments:

Post a Comment