Saturday, March 26, 2011

So Many Tasks and So Little Time

Only had a hour and a half to work on the car this weekend. Started by slightly trimming the footwell ally panel. It was a tight fit and clashed with a weld, so I made it get in easier. When I was going to apply some PU adesive to clamp it and leave it to dry, I noticed the can was dry. I must have closed and stored incorrectly. What a pity, it was a great product. Managed to extract just enough to clamp the panel. Left it drying to be riveted next weekend.

Following task was trying to center the shaft that runs through the hub on the rear wheel. I was using a tool that should be able to hold pipes but the shaft still slipped and WD40 didn't help me undo the nut. When I was puting it all back together it hit me that maybe with the brake disk in place the wheel will not rub on the shaft. I'll have to see if I can check that one of these week nights.

No pictures since nothing relevant was actually archieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment