Sunday, November 20, 2011

Fabricating Bits

Picking up where I left last week, fabrication was the game today. I needed to redo the strap that holds the battery to the car, since I relocated the battery, and two supports for the coil packs. It was a task that took time, specially since I measured and dry-fitted things many times. But in the end it came out almost perfectly.

The idea with the battery strap is to rivet it on the chassis rail underneath and bolt it on the steel plate in front. Taking the bolts out allows removing the battery but with them on it's there to stay.
The coil pack supports could look nicer than they do, but since I don't have ally cutters, I would have had to use the dremmel and a cutting disk to make detailed shapes. So I lazily resorted to doing these supports that although don't look that nice, do their job.
Since taking the pictures, I've visited the storage room enough to now have all the fabricated pieces painted black. Next week I just have to bolt/rivet them on the chassis (with the need to drill the chassis for the battery strap fixing holes).

4 comments:

  1. Looking awesome. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Spaz! And spraying the parts really makes them look better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks very much for this build diary mate !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome, Z-Motorsport! It has been my pleasure to write it :)

    ReplyDelete