Saturday, March 15, 2014

Hood Fixed and Start on Front Wings

This weekend managed 3 hours Saturday instead of the usual Sunday morning. Spent them on two major tasks.

First I made a paper template of the holes for the hood's rubber straps. Then I went on the car, juggled a bit the hood to be sure it was in place and marked one corner, using paper tape glued over and the template to draw dots on the tape. Drilling (3,5mm) and riveting and it was done.
Then I moved to the front wheel wings. Did some fine-tuning on the stays and then tried to mark where to drill for the bolts but decided I first should trim the sides of the wings. I either bended the stays too near the tires or they really need trimming otherwise the wheels can't come out without hitting the wings. Also marked where to drill for the side lights. After marking, packed and went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment