Sunday, March 2, 2014

Small Things Under the Hood

Finally a morning working on the car!

Sorted the wiring on the dash. After reading my previous post, colleague builder Iain sent me a message saying that his car has a dangling purple wire on the digidash side. Armed with that, I confirmed that the other dangling was a match with the sole one from the loom and the dash is fully wired! THANK YOU, Iain! Can't thank you enough for these helps you give me!

Then I cut two lengths of wire to extend from the loom to where I'll have the brake oil pressure sensors (lids of the master cylinders). My current cylinder caps don't have sensors but I'll eventually get around to get some replacements, so the wire will be needed. And since I was messing with wires...

Third task was to make sure I had hood and scuttle on their final position. Still had to sand a bit the hood near the airbox to get a perfect fit. When I was happy with it, marked the chassis rails through the scuttle and then removed the parts and drilled.

Final task was to get the bulkhead in position and drill a few holes through it into the chassis to hold it down. It was until now in place only with the two bolts that hold the accelerator peddle to the chassis. Removed the bulkhead, enlarged the holes on the chassis and inserted rivnuts. Bulkhead back in and fixed down with bolts through the rivnuts.

Had to call it a day. Very happy with what I did, got rid of lots of small things. Next is fixing the bulkhead to the scuttle, the scuttle to the chassis and dash back at the scuttle. Then clamps for the hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment