Sunday, July 10, 2011

Water Pipes and Bulkhead

Found by accident a store that sells braces for the water pipes. Bought a couple and replaced the ones that were a pain and made me "suffer" last week. It wasn't as easy as I would expect since I bought a size too small and had to struggle to make them fit, but 45m later both were in place!
A friend borrowed me a dremel-like tool and I prepared the bulkhead to have a hole cut for the steering column to go through. I had never used such a tool. It was great but cutting the ally was a long task. After a hour I had the hole cut and could trial fit the bulkhead. I think that the hole is not big enough to cover all the steering column travel course since it's quite adjustable. I'll probably have to enlarge it later, but for now it serves it's purpose.
Next I'll have to take the nosecone, scuttle and bonnet to trial fit them all and figure out the final location for the bulkhead. And were to cut for the throttle peddle. And also where to drill for the radiator.
And it seems I'll not be able to run away much longer from the electrics...

No comments:

Post a Comment