Saturday, July 23, 2011

Fuel Tank and Level Gauge

Since the work I had planned for today didn't have to be done in the car, I took tools and parts to a balcony. Fresh air, sun... It was a good decision. Better photos too, due to better lighting.

Spent some time reading an email Steve from Aries had sent me with instructions regarding the fuel level gauge and the tank. He mentioned ETB's manual (Digidash company where all these parts come from) so I also read it. Since the level gauge was too big, I finally grabbed the dremmel and cut the wire in two, shortened it and used (as recommended) an electric connection thing. Used the larger ones (5A?) and used lots of the Pattex Nural (threadlocking stuff) on the bolts.
Then I used my new contraption on the driller to cut a circular hole with 40mmØ on the fuel tank. With some cutting oil and patience, it was done with great results.
I still have to drill 6 holes to fix the level gauge on the tank, but it was lunch time. Still have to figure out how to bolt the gauge in place since I have no way to hold the bold inside. Should I use something different than bolts?

No comments:

Post a Comment