Friday, August 5, 2011

Cutting the Nose Cone

Got home from work, kid is away, wife celebrating something at work... Got myself on car-clothes and went to the balcony with the nosecone and the dremmel. Cut loosely the big air opening on the front. Then 2 small cuts on the back of the cone, where it meets the engine cover, so that the chassis supports can fit through. These supports are where the cone bolts to, once in place.
Very happy that last weekend I bought a professional air mask from 3M, certified to work with small dust particles. There was lots of fiber glass powder flying around and I bet it wouldn't have been good for my lungs to get a share of it.

Only after having cut the big opening I thought how will the grill bolt on it all. I hope I haven't cut too much or too near the "edge"...

In the end, it took me a bit over one hour to cut it all and almost 30m to clean afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment