Sunday, September 25, 2011

Throttle Peddle and Electrics

Picked up where I left last time. With my new dremmel-like tool, cut the hole previously marked on the bulkhead. That allowed me to get the throttle peddle in place. Cutting and cleaning took the best part of an hour.

Then I had to drill a hole on the peddle to get the throttle cable through. Since I don't have a pillar drill, I was a bit affraid of this task. But since the dremmel has been solving all issues I throw at him, I tried it. Tightened the peddle on the vice, on an angle to aid movement. Placed a 1mm drill bit on it and some cutting oil and started a small hole with the dremmel on slowest speed. After having a bit of a hole, swapped the drill bit for a 2mm one, that matched the cable diameter. Constantly checking that I had the drill on a perpendicular and straight position to the peddle, and putting oil once in a while, got a clean hole. Dry tested it on the cable and it was perfect!
Packed up and went home. Later on, untangled the electrical loom on the living room floor and looked at it with the wiring plans in hand. The loom (and diagram) looked a lot more frightening inside the bag than all spread out on the floor. With some masking tape, started labeling each wire, to make it easier to connect when I get the loom on the car. Only marked all the rear wires, the rest will have to be done another day.
I'll have to see about putting some black paint on the bulkhead and then attaching it to the car, with the thottle peddle on. And then cable tie the electric loom and start connecting things...

1 comment:

  1. ouch! Electrics... Don't end up with a christmas tree. Too early for that :o)

    ReplyDelete