Saturday, March 24, 2012

More Electrics

Got one hour and a half on the car. I had been planing this bit and had all lined up to make it worth. Or so I thought. Rushed to open the diff bolt and pour the oil inside. Unfortunately, I don't have the strength for it and the alan key I used ate a bit of the plug inside. One member of the locostbuilders.co.uk forum said that, due to his lack of access to the plug, filled his diff with a syringe, through the breather hole. So I decided not to loose any more time with the plug and do that too! I have a 5cl syringe at home, it will take a while but it's just once...

Fitted the battery in the car (but didn't plug it to the loom). The bracket I fabricated is a nice fit to prevent it from moving sideways. But on acceleration/braking, it will move a bit. I need to come up with some additional restraining, probably will use some straps for that. But will have to think it over, I want it to look nice and be safe.

Next work was done on the dash wiring again. Plugged the hazards and lights relays on the loom. Then also crimped terminals and plugged the ignition key thing on the loom. It's nice that the key has some additional terminals to connect cables for other feeds. I might use it for a lighter, to connect the phone charger or GPS to.
Last task, completed later at home, was to crimp terminals on digidash's cables to connect them to the car's loom. I need to buy more terminals but crimped all those not related to lights (since I'm not installing those right now).

Next time on the car will probably seem me filling the diff with a syringe, syphoning gas from the tin top (I'm cheap, don't want to shell out 10€ for a 5L jerrycan) into it, jacking up the rear axle and trying to start the car. The start might be delayed to a weekend, the wife want's to be filming...

No comments:

Post a Comment