Monday, February 2, 2015

Fire Extinguisher and Brakes

Objective:

Started another night session by marking the position for the fire extinguisher on the tunnel top. Removed the top, drilled, fitted the holder with a couple of bolts and job done! Put some Dural 50 (threadlock) to be sure the nuts would not fall into the tunnel.
Then I tried holding a spring I had to the throttle peddle to stiffen it a bit. Seemed to work.

Placed the charged battery on the car and it fired up 2nd time. Lapped the garage 3 times. Did some hard (relative, since I'm driving 20Km/h in 1st) stops and the brakes are finally good! No sponginess, no having to pump twice... It just brakes!

In the end, the throttle peddle spring made its work but is already breaking up. I have to see if I can find a nice proper spring before Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment