Sunday, February 22, 2015

Fixing Throttle, Earth and More

Objective:

The first track day allowed me to understand a couple of things that needed fixing or changing. Wheel alignment being a main one but that I can't do on my own. That will be done next week at a shop.

Today I worked on small other things. First I drilled a new hole on the throttle peddle strut and, using one of the holes I drilled long ago on the peddle itself, I had the way to fix a spring. Last week I bought a couple different stiffness springs and fit the one that seemed more adequate. This spring makes the peddle a bit stiffer and helps with the return, that was based only on the carb's spring. Feels a lot nicer now (at least with the car standing still).
Then I dismantled the dash to tighten the high beam switch properly. Also placed some Nural 50 (threadlock fluid) on the nut to help it stay in place.

Since I had the dash out, switched the wires for the indicator stalk so that it works properly instead of blinking the side opposite to the desired one. Could not test because I forgot to take the car keys with me and the indicators don't work with the car completely off...

Enlarged an "O" wire terminal and replaced one end of the oil temp&pressure gauges earth wire with it. Then made that end go through the bolt that holds the spark controllers. This will ensure that earth will not go lose again.

Next week, besides the wheel alignment, I must open the tunnel to check the transmission bolts and then put some Nural 50 on the tunnel bolts as I tighten them again. Maybe also take a laptop to try to connect to the Digidash and enhance its configuration.

No comments:

Post a Comment