Sunday, March 15, 2015

Open Hood Vents and Checks

Objective:

Today I spent most of my car time opening the vents on the hood. They look awesome open and it should help move hot air out of the engine bay. Lots of work but not much to tell.
After that, went around the car checking levels of coolant, oil and brake oil. All was good and ready for the next track day.

Spent the evening preparing a laptop to configure the Digidash (may try it one of these nights before the next weekend). Yesterday also got me a tire pressure checker and a lighter body. The lighter may end up installed behind the dash to charge mobile phones. But initially it will be used connected directly to the battery to feed the tire-filler pump.

On a side note, the Race Chrono Pro app I have on the Android phone had a new version. This one allows layering more than one gauge over the video (that can be recorded using an external cam and mixed directly on the phone). So, if all goes well, on the next track day I can have footage with the track and my position, speed and G forces and times all on screen. Makes me a bit sad the engine is not ODB2 compliant and, as such, I can't get RPM and gear on the screen too.

No comments:

Post a Comment