Sunday, January 16, 2011

Front Wishbones Done!

Started with the lower front wishbones After seeing Daveyboy's pictures (he's one of the blog readers) and exchanging a couple of messages, I got where washers should go on the ball joints. Thank you, Daveyboy, for your help!
I found out they were easier to attach on the wishbones with them on the car already. So, all front wishbones are now in place and with lithium grease on all bolts (I had previously forgotten about that).
After this, I revisited the rear uprights to try to pull the wheel studs. After some more tries I quit. Removed the uprights from the car (again) and disassembled them. Did it very carefully so that I wouldn't break the wheel bearings nor the bearing seals and was sucessful. I can now hammer them in place! I'll also take the time to remove the rear wishbones and put some lithium grease on the bolts before fitting them again.

So many new tasks await me now! Both on the front and the rear of the car! And I'll have to wait for the next weekend... I have to see about getting some time during the week, after the kid is in bed, since many tasks will not generate noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment