Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Shocks and Painting

Everyone went to bed and I went to work on the car. Started by trying to hammer the wheel studs on the rear flanges but hammering iron on a basement at 23h00 in the night echoes a lot. I stopped afraid it could bother someone on the living floors.

Unpacked my coils and shocks to assemble them. Ends up even with the shock extended to it's maximum, I can't put the coil in. I either need a tool, a second pair of hands to help me or a clever trick I'm not capable of coming up with (and haven't found online). I'll try tonight with a 2nd pair of hands first...
Sanded the aluminium panel that will fit on the passenger footwell. Gave a 1st pass with acrylic spray paint, so that the panel will look like the steel one on the driver's footwell. Dried up in the announced 15m and looks OK. Will need a 2nd pass to look nice.

While the paint was drying, cleaned the steering column and then started to sand it down to also paint, but it has rust and to do it right I should use the scrub tip for my driller. That makes noise and I postponed that to the weekend too.

At midnight went back home, spending one hour but not having much accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment