Sunday, January 2, 2011

Fuel Pipe and Front Wheel Studs

Had a great afternoon with the car today! Started riveting in place the fuel pipe. The new drill bit continued to be great, the 90º angle accessory for the driller was also handy and in less than two hours, without any major issues or story, it got done.

It required two p-clips near together to be sure the pipe was held in place away from any chassis edge, but it was easy to get it all done.

Since I still had some time left, I tried to insert the front wheel studs on the wheel flanges. Steve told me that those could still easily be done with a hammer and some WD-40 or equivalent (the rear ones require other measures, see previous posts). I looked into it to see how I could pull it off.
Noticed that my spare bush pipe was bigger than the stud and larger inside. Putting the bush pipe under the flange helped me hammer the stud in. So, after around 30m of hammering, all 8 studs got done on the front flanges!

No comments:

Post a Comment