Sunday, December 26, 2010

Finishing Up the Rear Brake Pipe

After looking at build pictures from Aries web site and another Aries car, I was confident about the work I had to do. I went to the car, changed slightly the routes I had previously laid down for the brake pipes and started drilling and riveting again.

The hardest part was when I had to drill the 6mmØ hole for the 3-way bolt. The cheap drill bit I bought was not good, I had to drill on an angle with my 90º helper and drilling the tube twice wore me out. It eventually got done and the fun started again. The best part was when I got enough room to be able to drill with my new wonderful 3,5mmØ pro drill bit in a 90º angle. It went through the steel as an hot blade on butter!

Got all the rear pipes in place. Grabbed one of the rear flexible pipes to fit it on the extremities, just to be sure it all was good before the final rivets. Was very happy with the outcome of my work! It is better than my photographer capabilities...

Next step: riveting down the fuel pipe...

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I'm sorry the pictures are so blurred, but my arms were shaking a bit, the phone camera is not that good and my photography skills don't help either :)

    ReplyDelete