Friday, December 24, 2010

Rear Brake Pipe - Working on the Tunnel

The wife and mother-in-law gave me a small early Christmas present on the 24th: some car time before the Christmas party. Since two weeks ago I had the issues with the drill bits and last week there was an electrical problem on the parking floors, preventing me from working on the car, I was basically on my third week without car-time.

So, I spent the gifted hour and a half drilling the center tunnel to rivet the rear brake pipe into place. I used my new most expensive drill bit and... It DOES make a difference. It drilled better, faster and never broke (only drilled some 7 holes, anyway). To be honest, I'm not drilling on a 90ยบ angle, which is not optimal. But this new drill bit was wonderful!
When I got to the last p-clips before getting to the 3-way on the back, I got concerned about the possibility of laying incorrectly the pipe and having issues when the diff got in place. So, I grabbed the diff and tried to lift it into position. Ended up quitting. It is too heavy for me to put it in alone. Anyway, I got an idea and figured out I should look into some build photos just to make sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment