Sunday, December 12, 2010

Drill Bit Woes

Went this evening to work on the car with only one hour to spare. But didn't stay there that long. Was drilling holes for pop-rivets on the center tunnel, to hold the brake pipe. The "half drill" I was using broke again while drilling the 2nd hole of the day. Grabbed a new drill bit and it broke drilling the 3rd hole of the day. Grabbed the half of that broken one to try and use it and it broke again. I never got to finish the 3rd hole!

I had no more 3,5mmØ drills, so later on went shopping. I was buying a brand that was "0,95€ for 2". This time I bought two packs, one that was "2,65€ for 2" and another that was "3,45€ for 2". The one I used to have said "for occasional use (metal)". The middle one is "for standard metals like steel and ally" and the more expensive one is "professional for resistant metals like stainless steel and cast iron". I hope the price difference represents a resistance difference too! More news on that next weekend...
By the way, bought also a 6mmØ "pack of 2" (of the cheap ones) to have "proper tools" for the bolt that holds the rear 3-way into the chassis.

No comments:

Post a Comment