Friday, May 4, 2012

Oil, Peddle and Markings

Almost a month went by since I managed to start the car! But I'll now be on vacations for a couple of weeks and expect to work on the car more frequently. I made a todo list that I hope to tick completely before vacations end.

Started today tightening the oil pressure pickup pipe. I hope next time I turn the engine on it will not drip oil.

Then drilled a new hole on the throttle peddle. The one I drilled months ago was almost on the top tip of the stalk. It made the peddle too sensitive! This time I drilled not too far from the pivot, thus making it a lot less sensitive. Had to adjust the cable so that the full peddle travel meant the full throttle without hitting the panel behind the peddles Took the time and also braced the throttle cable to the water pipes in two places. This made the cable look neater and "stay in place".

Then I marked the ally wall that stays behind the seats. It needs some cuts on the upper lip to slide in place. After that, I also marked the place where the steering column stays on the dash so that later on I can mark the dash and cut it. This was the only picture I took
Then did the cuts on the ally panel, using the dremmel, Next time I'll offer the panel on the car and mark where all rivet drills must be done. My idea it to drill the panel, offer it to the car, mark a couple of holes, drill them, hold the panel there with rivets and then use the other holes on the ally as template for where to drill on the chassis. Let's see how it goes. I still need to paint the panel also...

No comments:

Post a Comment