Monday, August 2, 2010

It's On The Road!

Today the transport company, EB Cargo, sent a truck on their behalf to pick up the crate.

I'm a bit mad. They bid 190£ for the transport. And said that if I wanted the truck to have a tail-lift, I would have to pay extra 30£. I accepted on Shiply. After that, they reconsidered and now the crate was too big for a tail-lift, "proper lifting equipment" was required, it would cost 315£ instead of 30£, for a total of 505£. I said OK... They showed up today at Aries without "proper lifting equipment" and the tail-lift wasn't enough.

Steve from Aries saved the day because he had arranged for a forklift to be available near by. It was what made it possible to load the truck! Thank you Steve! He's attention and care doesn't stop to amaze me!

We can see an unknown tame forklift driver loading my crate and it departing. I should get my hands on it before the weekend!
Now, I'm curious to see if EB Cargo's distributor in Portugal will have the "proper lifting equipment" I payed for when he comes around to deliver, since I will not have a forklift around to cover for their mistakes.
And I'm also curious to see if they will reimburse me from what I payed for and didn't get, at collection...

No comments:

Post a Comment