Saturday, November 27, 2010

Wheel Studs and Camber Adjusting Bits

I bought a small vice, hoping to fit the rear c/v joint in it and push the wheel studs through tightening the wheel nut over washers, as pictured two weeks ago. After some time and lots of puffing, I quit. It really didn't seem to move more than a third of what has to get in. I'll have to ask Steve if there is any problems in enlarging slightly the wholes. Otherwise, will have to take the rear calipers and wheel studs to the classical repair auto-shop and pay them to do it for me on their professional tools.

Then I used the vice to hold the tube where the upper rear caliper fits to. Steve told me I should put a file on it so that the caliper fits without effort, to make it easier to attach and detach it to adjust the wheel camber. I used an emery tip on my driller. Probably it's not the proper emery for steel, since it was doing it's job but taking a long time. We had visitors for dinner and I had to leave the job unfinished.

No comments:

Post a Comment