Saturday, August 31, 2013

Start On The Nosecone

After some time away due to vacations, I was back for a bit. I've also been procrastinating a bit since I'm uncomfortable with drilling the fiberglass.

First small task was to unpack the indicators that go on the nosecone. They came with two extra bulbs and an indication from Steve from Aries about changing them. I did it and it seems the reason is down to light power. The bike indicators had 10W lamps and the replacements where 23W.
I had information from Steve on where to drill for the indicators. Also, to measure very well and many times because it will look odd if the indicators are not exactly at the same height when looking from the front. Besides this I also had instructions shared by my fellow builder Iain on how to hold the nosecone to the chassis.

Holding to this information, I spend lots (really, lots) of time covering the sides of the nose with tape and then measuring, remeasuring, creating paper indicators and gluing them to the spots and then putting the nose on the car to test it out.

In the end, I think it is right but I haven't drilled yet. And I'll probably remeasure and look at it again before drilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment