Friday, May 26, 2017

Wrapping Done, Mobile Phone Support Too

Objective:

Had the day off work and nothing else to do so I managed to get a few hours on the garage. First task was to finish wrapping the exhaust before the job became a never ending nightmare... It was done and, frankly, not as bad as I thought it would be, given how tight it was all becoming...
Then I moved into the storage room. My goal was to fabricate a small aluminium plate that could hold my mobile phone. This way I would be sure RaceChrono would have the best GPS signal and behave, something it didn't last track day when I kept the phone on my trousers, under the dash. I had a part from a chinese phone holder that broke on the first usage (my phone is a bit heavy but...). So...

First drilled and sanded a bit of ally to the shape I wanted...

Then, covered the ally with black masking tape to make it look nicer. Finally, used the part from the chinese holder on the ally and used a tunnel bolt to keep it in place. The final image does not have my phone there to demonstrate because I use the phone for the photos.

Next time I'll be installing the difusor. After that, there are no plans! For the next track day I just need to fill the deposit (it currently is 50% full), charge the battery and check the tire pressures. All other plans I have for the car (boot, cover for tunnel) are only to be done if I can get the car on the road... Paperwork for that was delivered yesterday, the 25th. I should get some news in a month, I was told... Lets see!

No comments:

Post a Comment