Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Some small news updates

I received two more photos and the news of newly arrived parts. The photos show the chassis already inside the box (tight fit) and the bodywork. The photo's colour is "more red" than the real colour, so I'm confident that it is just as I would like it to be.


About transport, I started by contacting Portuguese transport companies. I was quoted a value that I thought was too much for a "door to door" road transport. Except DHL, that would do it for half the price but I had to get the means to load and unload a 650kg crate of the truck... Forget about it!

I then used a nice site I heard about: shiply. I registered what I wanted transported, from where to where and around what time and transport companies (mostly from the UK) bid on my request. I selected the cheapest one that costs a bit more than DHL but brings a crane to put the crate inside and out of the truck and a trolley to move inside my garage space.

Only disconfort was on the insurance. Only 2.000GBP per tonne. So I'm currently shopping for the best transport insurance to cover accidents and tefth. Also the civil responsability insurance I previously planned on doing but had only one quote.

I'm expecting to know this week if the crate will be closed on the next one... The big day is near!

No comments:

Post a Comment