Saturday, October 30, 2010

Marking for Pipe P-Clips

Today I went around the car marking places where I have to drill to attach the p-clips with rivets. These p-clips will hold the brake oil and fuel pipes in place. I had the idea that I should have 100mm between p-clips. If so, I don't have enough to hold the fuel line.

Asked on the locostbuilders forum and created panic as it seems most people say 300mm between p-clips and only one mentioned 150mm. Some even say that the UK Individual Vehicle Approval legislation only states that it must be tightly into place.

So, no drilling was performed and I'll send an email to Steve asking him about distances as he surely knows the right answer.

Anyway, after marking the drilling spots and counting the p-clips, as I hadn't much time left, grabbed some of the aluminium body parts and laid them in place. That reminded me of several facts... I really shouldn't have assembled the steering column, it will have to go out. I have to buy tools to cut holes on the aluminium panels. All  but one required holes: for the steering column, hand brake lever, gear lever, reverse box lever...

No pictures today; who would be interested in seeing pieces of masking tape on my chassis? ;)

1 comment:

  1. steve told me to rivet brake lines with p clips spaced 4 inches apart

    ReplyDelete