Sunday, January 9, 2011

Front Upper Wishbones and Rear Uprights

Started today's session looking at the parts needed to assemble the front suspension wishbones and uprights, caliper, etc. After identifying the bits, figuring out what I still need to check on pictures and what I already understand, I went on to assemble the top ball joints on the upper wishbones. It was done in minutes.
After that I looked at the lower wishbones but was unsure of how to fix the lower ball joints, so I postponed it for another day.

Next was to take out and inspect the prop shafts since I'll have to fit them soon, so that I can put in the diff and assemble the rear axle. The shafts look nice and have a sticker stating that they should be lubricated with lithium grease before being used. Since I don't know where to lubricate, I'll leave that one for later too. On the box of one of the shafts came a bag with all the proper bolts to hold the shafts into place.
The last session was to fit the upper front wishbones and the rear uprights back on the car. The upper front wishbones went quickly and easily.
Went to the back of the car and attached the rear uprights. No pictures since I had taken some the first time I attached them and it looks the same. Next effort on the back will be to try again to pull the wheel studs into place with the wheel nut and a big wrench...

1 comment:

  1. Daveyboy posted a comment here providing me with details for me to find him on Facebook so that I could check his photos of how to assemble lower ball joints on the front lower suspension wishbones.
    I removed the comment for privacy reasons but this comment serves as a public thanks.

    ReplyDelete