Sunday, June 12, 2011

Roll Bar Done

Two other builders told me they also had the problem with the nut not fitting because the hole was too near to the corner. Each one found his own solution to the problem. I'm not sure what I'll do but, for now, decided to finish off the remaining 9 bolts. So, spent some time with the driller and the 90ยบ angle fixing the holes and then bolting down the roll bar. Spent over one hour trying to "make a hole" for the nut to fit in and move the bolt hole a bit to the inside, but ended up leaving that one bolt behind for now.

Moved to the bulkhead. Used the electric saw to cut the ally and also the driller to help "making corners". But it's looking butchered as I don't have enough precision with either tool. I guess I can't postpone any more buying a dremmel.

Anyway, decided to cut in a way that allows adjusting the steering column to it's maximum height. I think I also figured out how to cover the hole being cut so that I don't get fluids nor a cold draft from that area onto my legs. Pictures of this all will come after I get it all properly done.

With the roll bar on, the silhouette of the car (it's usually under a cover) looks completely different and it is odd to look at it now. But the build is definitely moving along! And with the 10 hours I put on it in these two days, I caught up a bit on due tasks. A special public thank you to the wife, that arranged things so that I could have all this time to myself and the car. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment