Sunday, October 14, 2012

Drilling Stuff

Couple of hours and was motivated to drill and fit the middle and rear prop-catchers. Turns out when I was preparing things that the holes on the pieces are not exactly where they should, one is a millimetre or two too big and would foul the ally plate that covers the tunnel... Spent a bit of time looking at the parts and trying to figure out what I should do.
Decision comes that I will not fit the middle catcher and the rear one may be redesigned and redone as an inverted U like the one on the front. I'm still unsure. Steve at Aries thinks there is no need for catchers, other users I know haven't fitted one and I'm afraid of being driven based on horror stories. Not all chassis have the same configuration on the tunnel, regarding structure placement, and it actually may be moot wit this specific design.

Needed to get something done for motivation. With a sanding tip on the drill, "relocated" a bit one of the holes on the floor for the passenger seat. It is now correctly placed and the seat can be secured with all four bolts.

Last task was to drill a few holes on the inner beam of the tunnel to hold the p-clips that secure the electrical loom. All done bar two that required me to take off the dash. It was already lunch time so this had to be left for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment