Sunday, October 28, 2012

Tunnel Top Cover and Sensor Holder

Today I worked on the balcony instead of underground. It was a cold but nice day. First I spend some time marking where I needed to cut the tunnel top for the handbrake lever. Then I transposed to aluminium the card template I made to hold the speed sensor.
Cut the sensor holder and deburred the piece, all using my "dremmel" (actually Einhell) with a cutting disk and a grinding stone.

Then I did the same with the the tunnel top cover. It took a bit longer since the ally is a lot thicker than the sheet I bought for assorted parts crafting.
Unfortunately, time was not enough to drill the holes for the bolts that will hold the tunnel top down (with rivnuts) neither to drill the speedo holder to be hanged to the prop-catcher. I still have to mark on the tunnel top where to cut for the gear lever (forgot about that last week), so next weekend will see me with cutting disk and driller again.

No comments:

Post a Comment