Sunday, May 5, 2013

Riveting the Passenger's Outer Panel

Spent the morning riveting the passenger's side outer panel. Used 4.8 rivets spaced 100mm centres. On the "cockpit", and since the panel has a "U" shaped lip, riveted on the inside of the car. On the engine area riveted on the top of the chassis rail.

Only riveted the upper part of the panel. It was incredible that it took me around 2 hours to drill for and apply 17 rivets. The ones on the side of the chassis, I could not apply the weight of my body on top of the driller. It was all forced with my arms. Got tired and spent around 1h30m to do 11 rivets. The other 6 were on the upper side, could put my weight behind the driller, got all done in just a bit over 15m. No point in taking pictures, not that different from when I fit the panel.

Two rivets still need to be applied but I had to take the bulkhead out to put them and my time was almost up, so I had to leave that for the next session. I'll also still have to work on the lower side, probably will tilt the car with two axle stands to rivet underneath. Lets see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment