Sunday, January 5, 2014

Hood and Tunnel

First time on the car in a long time... And with a new year's resolution: to get the car on a track this year.

Fit loselly the scuttle and sticked some isolation sponge on the nose and scuttle so that I could put the hood in place. Then, spent some time measuring where I should cut the hood so that the airbox can protrude out. After some time, it was roughly measured for a first cut. I'm sure after this one I'll be doing a lot of trimming to get it right because it is really hard to mark where to cut from underneath.
Also measured the tunnel cover bit near the peddles, that I had to remove to be able to drive because my feet are too large. With the measured parts, went to the storage room and did some cutting. The tunnel bit drilled the corners and cut the rest with the saw. The hood was done with the cutting disk on the dremmel.

I did not have time to trial fit and check what more needs cutting, that will have to be done next session.

No comments:

Post a Comment