Saturday, January 25, 2014

More Hood and Tunnel Done

Nice work session. First task was to finish enlarging the hood hole to provide clearance for the airbox to come out. Eventually got done. Some trimming and polish on the hole borders and it was time to move on. The more I look to it, the more I want to try to modify the airbox to have a front-facing hole for the air to enter instead of the two original air entries that now sit under the hood.

With the hood sitting as final, marked where on the chassis I need to drill to fix the scuttle. Then removed it and started work to close the tunnel. Enlarged the previously marked bit of the tunnel panel. Tried it and it worked fine. Noticed how much of my foot protrudes into the tunnel. My foot there is safe, thanks to the prop catcher I added on that area. So, I just needed something to prevent my foot going too much inside and water coming in from there. Created a guard from a bit of scrap ally and used rivnuts to attach it to the tunnel cover. Tested it not only to check if my foot moved correctly but also if the part slid into place with the guard or it had to be attached afterwards. Since it slid with the guard, applied some plastic on the area to prevent water from getting in and closed the tunnel.
While closing the tunnel I noticed that there is still one wire under the dash that comes from the loom and connects nowhere. And two from the digidash not connected anywhere. I believe these are related to the indicators, but unsure. Something to tackle later.
But next steps are to put in the wires from the loom to near the headlights, for the front wing indicators. Then fix the scuttle into place and attach the hood catchers to the hood and car.

No comments:

Post a Comment