Sunday, July 15, 2012

Passenger Seat


Expecting that I would attach both seats this morning and drive the car in the garage, started happily the work on the passenger seat. Last weekend the holes had been drilled but they didn't align exactly with the seat holes. During the week I bought some washers with a 8mmØ hole and as large as possible to put between the bolt and the floor pan.

So I spent time enlarging holes, fitting seat to test, enlarging, refitting, enlarging... All my morning to get the passenger seat held down by 3 holes. I did not have the nerve to take it out again for the failing hole and left that as is. When I take the seats out to fit the tunnel ally cover, I'll revisit the missing seat bolt hole.
So, based on experience, next two weekends will be to fit the drivers seat and then maybe I'll get some driving experience.

After putting it all in place and taking the pictures (but before cleaning and packing) I sat a bit on the seat and adjusted the seatbelts. I believe the position would be more comfortable with a foot rest but I better not put "foreign" elements on the car, might be compromising security.

No comments:

Post a Comment