Sunday, July 28, 2013

Postponing More Driving

Today went to the car to fix the leak, the "clang" noise and get it ready to drive around the garage with the kid, the wife, show it off to my parents, get some footage and pictures... But it did not go well.

Was looking into the leak when I noticed the "T" piece where the leak was coming from had a dark vein. Fiddle with it a bit more, turns out it was a crack and, suddenly, it just snaps. With pliers, tried taking the bits out, to no avail. Had to cut 2cm off each pipe. Now I need a new "T" piece, preferably in (non-rusting) metal. Let's see how lucky I get during the week...

Jacked the rear up and took a part of the tunnel cover out to trace the "clang". Spinning the rear wheels by hand, to get the prop turning, it was not obvious what hit; nothing was hitting, no noise. Probably it's something that only happens when there is some tension, that I could not recreate. Hunch was that a grease nipple was scratching the prop catcher. Filed a bit of the prop catcher away, just in case. But proper solution will have to be found out later.

Finished off earlier because I was sad and mad with the broken "T" and the fact that my plans for the afternoon were shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment