Sunday, May 11, 2014

Continuing with Rear of Car

Another session dedicated to the rear panel. Started with masking up to mark where plate and fog lights should go. Regarding the fog light, to run in Portugal it has to be on the left but for the UK's IVA it has to be on the right. I marked and drilled on both sides. After IVA I'll install a reversing light on the UK's holes. Using an old licence plate I had, tested how it would look.

After fitting the plate and fog lights, took the rear to the car and checked how the fog light had to be. The problem is that the rear has a slope and the fog light must be perpendicular to the road. So it has to take some wedge behind to make it stay in place. With a piece of scrap aluminium I made a part to go behind the light and that should do the job. Using the mobile phone with the inclinometer app, could check when the light was on the correct position. Unfortunately, the part I made was not a good fit, requires more work and I didn't have more time.

Still had time to look into the rear loom and check what connectors I need to add to the shop list.

No comments:

Post a Comment