Sunday, May 25, 2014

K.I.S.S. on the Rear

Often used and often forgotten acronym in IT is "K.I.S.S.": Keep It Simple (and) Stupid.
Grabbed a plastic sleeve used to fit bolts on walls and cut it to size. Got the size right at the third attempt. Bolts tightened and now I have the fog light in place, correctly angled, without more messing with aluminium scraps.
The session was small and most of the remaining time was spent looking at tasks ahead and trial fitting things. Trial fitted the rear wings. They fit quite OK (or I'm lowering standards as I get near the end). I could almost fit it straight away as is...
Then I unpacked the leather boot cover and looked into the buttons that I have to fix to the rear to button the cover to. They are held with rivets, so I'm not worried about having to look for yet another tool.
So, planning next tasks, by the correct order... 1) Open the sikaflex and fix front wings in place; 2) Fix rear with sikaflex; 3) Crimp loom wires, connect to rear lamps and close them; 4) Jack the car up and rivet the rear underside (as per instructions); 5) Drill rear for filler cap bolts; 6) Drill rear for boot cover buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment