Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Another Tunnel Panel

After some holidays, got three hours on the car. And was wonderful, seemed all I did went well and even quickly! I'm amazed.

Started by reading some data I configured initially on the Digidash (regarding ratios) and putting them down on paper. I'm going to ask if they are correct for this engine.

Then I grabbed the dremmel with a small deburring bit and enlarged slightly the holes that got misaligned on the panel I worked last. It was all done quickly (holding the dremmel as if it was a pen...) and the panel was finally set.

Placed some tape under the second panel for the tunnel top and located the part. Realized two of the holes I previously drilled were too much to the inside, missing the chassis rail... Anyway, marked the panel where it needed some adjustments and clamped it down. This time, used the 3mm drillbit through the ally holes to start the holes on the chassis rails. Then took the panel out, swapped to the 6mm drillbit and finished the holes. Some work with the rivnut tool and part of the panel was bolted to the chassis. Redid the two holes that were offset and also placed the rivnuts.

Last work with the deburring disk and the cutting disk on the dremmel to trim the panel where it was a bit too big. In the end, the panel was ready to fit.
Next is the passengers' side tunnel lateral panel. I'll need to buy more rivnuts... Also, looking to the "finished" work, I'm getting a lot more motivated to try to cut and stitch carpets and a leather-alike interior for the car, to cover the ally panels...

No comments:

Post a Comment