Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Digidash Support and Airbox Hole-Covers

Some ally working today, so that I can tick off some tasks from my to-do list. Although none of the jobs was finished yet...

Cut out from some ally two squares to cover the old holes on the airbox. Also cut and bent a support to hold the Digidash inset into the dashboard.
Then created a template of the Digidash to drill holes and cut out for the plugs.
Marked the holes with a punch and a hammer then drilled with a 2mmØ on the dremel. With a cutting disk opened the big hole. Now I just need to drill two holes on the lips and equivalent holes on the dashboard to fix it with some bolts.

In the mean time, one of my fellow builders warned me that I probably am missing a cut in my dash for the dip switch. And he is right! The lights switch only has three positions (off, low, main). There is a rocket switch on the bag that I didn't know what it was for. Turns out it's to control high/dip. Thank you, Iain!

No comments:

Post a Comment