Saturday, September 18, 2010

Differential Supports

My goal for today was to attach the differential supports to the diff. Since fitting it on the car requires drilling some holes, I'll leave that to later, when I have all the rear axle and transmission axle in, so that I can be sure I'll drill them on the right place.

Once again, Steve from Aries made my job very easy! The supports were wrapped together and had a plastic bag tapped containing the bolts, nuts, washers and rubber discs that will hold the supports to the chassis. The nuts and washers that hold the support to the diff were screwed on the diff. It didn't take long to have it all done.

Then I unpacked the parts that will bolt onto the rear carrier (that fits on the suspension arms). I just wanted to look to the parts and see if I could understand how they go together. I think I figured it out, I'll just have to look to some pictures again. Bellow, all the parts unpacked and laid out.

If I can manage to work on the car again tomorrow, I'll put some photos up with the assembly disposition.

No comments:

Post a Comment