Sunday, September 12, 2010

Rear Break Pipe Fitted

Today I fitted the rear break pipe. There are three pipes, all labelled. The bigger one had an indication of what side should go into the master cylinder. The smaller ones only had the labelling stating they were for the rear.

I started by unrolling the big pipe. Then made the necessary bends to make it leave the master cylinder crossing under the front break pipe making sure they wouldn't touch. This was a bit hard mostly because working with a long straight pipe inside the tunnel was cumbersome. But in the end I got a result that pleased me.

Then it was a faster task of putting it through the tunnel, strapping it temporarily, making small bends to make it pass the crossing chassis tubes without touching them.

When I got to the rear, I placed the 3-way on the end of the pipe and worked from there. The smaller pipe that will feed the left rear brake was really easy to bend and place. The other one was a different story. I initially bended it in a way that made too much pipe hang away from any chassis tube, so I couldn't put p-clips on it later. So I straighten it and re-bended it in a different way, that gave me more places to p-clip it and, thus made me feel happier.

The break pipes are done. I still started looking at the suspension arms but had to postpone that. Next tasks will either be that or fitting the diff. I looked at the clutch cable but don't know on the engine where to link it. So I just ordered the Haynes Honda CBR900RR FireBlade (92 - 99) Service Manual, that I bet will be useful in many other situations, including engine tuning later on.

(2011/01/01 EDIT: Check the final pipe layout on the December posts when they got riveted. It also changed on the rear)

No comments:

Post a Comment