Friday, September 3, 2010

More Peddles and Suspension Arms

I went shopping and, since I couldn't find copper grease, got some lithium grease. I also got a big rivet pliers, to save my wrists.

I spent a lot of time trying to understand how I would correctly assemble the peddle box, now that I had the grease. I couldn't get it... Since I couldn't rotate the master cylinders to screw them into the ally part (they would clash), the only solution would be to rotate the threaded bar (that I had cut a bit of) but it didn't seem to rotate. I left this task for after querying Steve at Aries again.

I then used the grease to assemble bushes and bush tube on a suspension arm. With the lithium grease, it went very easily. Steve had told me to use the metal hammer to press the metal bush tube, and so I did.

I then went around putting just the bushes on the suspension arms. Some would go in just by pressing with the hand, others needed some convincing by the rubber mallet. I still have some bushes to put in and then go over everything to put the bush tubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment