Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Preparing the Hub Carriers

A week and a half ago I sent and email to Steve with questions regarding the hub assembly. He replied to me on the first working day afterwards with a very detailed set of instructions.

The first step was to check the inside of the hub carriers where the wheel bearings are going to sit and check for burrs caused by tools removing the previous bearings. If found, deburr. I did so with some grinding tips on my driller.

When I was offering the bearings outer racers to the hubs just to see how hard would be to hammer them in, I got some doubts on how far they had to go in and that probably I spent the last hour deburring an area that wasn't the right one... And the right one needs a bit of work... I'll have to look for pictures of the bearings inside the hub carrier to be sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment