Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Trial-fitting the Peddle Box

Still on vacations but now back home, and with several tools bought on the last days, I started what I believe is the best first task. Out came the peddle box (clutch and brake), the throttle peddle, the master cylinders and the brake bias bar. Note the two plastic bags taped to the brake and throttle peddles. They contain the nuts, bolts and washers needed to fit those bits to the chassis! How much easier can it be?

Per instructions, I should cut off 7mm from the master cyls threaded bars. Also drill a hole on the clutch peddle. Since the hole was already drilled, I trial-fitted the master cyls and the peddle box, just in case Steve from Aries had also cut the threaded bars.

Since the engine is on the chassis, it was a bit tight to put the master cyls in. Then I placed the peddle box and then fixed the brake bias bar. The break peddle is pointing towards the back of the car, which means I need to cut the bars.
I then tried fitting the throttle peddle but couldn't understand where it would go, since there was no room on the floor for it. After undoing and storing everything, I went around to clean the chassis and cover it.

My last task was to try fitting bushes and a bush tube on a wishbone, just to see if there were any issues, since that is one of the following tasks and there are some 20 tubes to fit. With a rubber mallet, the two bushes when in place. But the bush tube wouldn't go in any way...

Later on I was trying to figure out where 2 thingies on the brake bias bar went. Looking at pictures online I figured out I was assembling the bar incorrectly. But the 2 thingies... And the throttle peddle... And the bush tube... So I wrote an email to Steve from Aries asking those questions and with an helper photo of the 2 thingies...

No comments:

Post a Comment