Thursday, September 9, 2010

Front Brake Pipes

Since my wife needed the hammer to persuade some Ikea furniture into assembling itself, I had to postpone the suspension bush tubes work and do a different task. So I laid out the front brake pipes.

As I told before, Steve sent the brake pipes cut to size, braided and labelled. The 3-way was labelled as "rear of car", so the 4-way had to be for the front. And had to take the pressure detection for the break lights. The photos on Aries site also helped me understand how to lay out the pipes and connectors.

I recall the fact that, since I'm building a LHD, things look a bit out of place from what is regularly seen on the web. For instance, my front brakes master cylinder is on the inside of the car.

So I started by attaching the pipe to the master cylinder and laying the pipe over the outside chassis tube. The inside one is "covered" by the engine, so the outside seemed the natural route. I just hope it doesn't conflict with the clutch cable.

Strapped the pipe, the 4-way and the other small pipes with plastic straps. Just got the sensor in now to cover the entry into the 4-way, minimizing the odd chance of some dirt getting inside the brake pipes.

Later on, will have to drill the holes on the chassis for the rivets from the p-clips that will hold it all in place.

(2010/09/25 EDIT: After mounting the steering rack, it became clear that the pipe from the 4-way to the chassis, on the last picture, will have to be placed in a different way, otherwise it will mess with the steering arm)
(2011/01/01 EDIT: Check the final pipe layout on the December posts when they got riveted)

No comments:

Post a Comment