Monday, September 6, 2010

Peddle Box is Assembled!

I finished my first "big task" on the car! The peddle box is assembled and in place. It just lacks being bolted to the car's floor (and installing the clutch stopper and the clutch cable).

Steve told me that if I pulled the gaiter out from the master cylinder, I could rotate the threaded bar. So I started by pulling them out. Later on I noticed that if I tried turning the gaiter instead of the threaded bar, it would also work.

Then I started to assemble the brake bias bar. NEVER underestimate a job's difficulty! Putting the circlips on the brake bias bar took me 1h40m and the 2nd circlip got in with my wife's help. The way I managed to spread the circlips to put them on the bar groves was using a piece of steel wire and point pliers. As stated, 1h40m later, that part was done.

The rest of the peddle box was easy to assemble. Then I got it on the car, attached the master cylinders threaded bars to the ally bits on the brake bias bar, and screwed it all in, putting the gaiters back in place.

I can now sit on my car and press the break peddle! The peddle box still needs 3 nuts to go through the floor (I need to drill the holes first). The clutch still needs a stop bolt behind. The clutch linkage is still missing. But it's my first big task performed!
(Note: still need to see if the break bias bar is skewed downwards on the inside or if after everything was properly screwed in it got horizontal).

No comments:

Post a Comment